Smoked Salmon Sushi Burger made with Colorful Rice
1 pack Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon Loin
1 pack food coloring (Use as many colors as desired, we used 4)
2 cups sushi rice (1/2 cup for each color)
- Cook sushi rice following the instructions on its packaging.
- Strain water and let cool.
- Separate the rice evenly into 4 small bowls.
- Dip the tip of a clean fork into the food coloring and spread on rice.
- Slowly fold the rice in to mix the coloring, making sure not to mush and break the grain.
- Once evenly coated, repeat steps 3-5 with each color and bowl of rice.
- Let the mixtures sit for 5-10 minutes to soak into the rice and prevent dyed hands.
- Create the rice buns and assemble the burger following last month’s sushi burger recipe: Link to recipe here.