Smoked Salmon & Guacamole Toast
2-3 slices Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Loin
2 slices bread, toasted
1 wedge of lemon
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp crème fraiche
Salt and pepper, to season
- Fill a medium saucepan with water until about half full. Add vinegar and salt and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for water to boil smash avocado. Remove flesh from avocado and place into a bowl along with a squeeze of lemon and some salt and pepper. Smash with a fork to desired texture. Add in feta and mix well.
- Dollop crème fraiche onto the toasted bread.
- Top the avocado mixture onto the toasted bread and lay slices of smoked salmon on top.
- When water has come to a boil, reduce heat and bring water to a simmer. Place one egg onto a saucer. With a spoon stir the water to produce a whirlpool and gently slide in egg from saucer. Cook for 2-3 minutes for a semi-soft yolk. Gently remove egg with a slotted spoon and place carefully on to top of salmon. Repeat the process with the second egg and toast.
- To serve, sprinkle with salt or freshly ground pepper and top with a cilantro leaf to garnish. Enjoy!
Note: The poached egg and crème fraiche are optional components. This recipe is just as delicious with just the guacamole and Latitude 45 smoked salmon!