Smoked Salmon Garden Tart
1 pack Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
All-purpose flour, for dusting
Egg wash (1 large egg + 1 tbsp water)
¾ pound asparagus, ends trimmed
½ cup shelled green peas
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp white pepper
6 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened
¾ tsp sparkling water
1 garlic clove, grated
½ tsp lemon zest
1 tsp maple syrup or honey
1 radish, thinly sliced
½ cup baby spinach
Redbud or violet petals
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the thawed sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into a 10×14-inch rectangle.
- Transfer the puff pastry to the parchment lined baking sheet, brush with the egg wash, and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Set it aside to cool once done.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. The pot should be large enough to accommodate the length of the asparagus spears. Also, have a bowl of ice water ready.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the spears with tongs and transfer them to the bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process and preserve their bright green color.
- Return the water to a boil, add the peas, and cook for 1 minute or until they rise to the top.
- Drain the peas, then transfer them to the ice bath.
- Remove the asparagus and peas from the ice bath. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss the asparagus and peas with oil, lemon juice, salt, and white pepper.
- Using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until light and airy. Add the sparkling water, garlic, lemon zest, and maple syrup/honey—continue to beat for another 30 seconds.
- Spread the cream cheese onto the cooled puff pastry. Leave about a half inch border around.
- Arrange the asparagus spears a quarter inch to an inch apart with the tops pointing in the same direction.
- Nestle slices of Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon between the spears.
- Add the peas to the tart along with the rest of the decorative garnishes.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!