Smoked Salmon Chimichurri Potato Cakes
1 pack Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon
6 spring onions
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp of butter
2 handfuls fresh spinach
1 cup firmly packed flat-leaf parsley, fresh and de-stemmed
3-4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Boil them until slightly soft. Cool and then grate into mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the spring onions. Add them to the bowl along with the plain flour, salt, pepper and half of the butter. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Divide into four balls and press flat into patties. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- The next day heat a frying pan and melt the remaining butter. Fry the potato cakes for 5 – 10 minutes on each side.
- While the cakes are cooking boil some water in a pan with a splash of the vinegar. Once boiling, remove the heat and gently add the eggs. Keep the pan off the heat and place the lid on for 4 minutes or until the eggs are poached. Remove from the water and place on paper towel to dry.
- Plate the cooked potato cakes and top each one with a poached egg. Place a couple slices of Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon over top. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add a handful of spinach leaves to each plate, using 1-2 leaves to garnish each potato cake.
- Finely chop the parsley, fresh oregano, and garlic (or process in a food processor several pulses). Place in a small bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve with the potato cakes and enjoy!