Smoked Salmon Beet Burger
1 pack Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon Loin
1 pack lettuce
1 sliced cucumber
6 black burger buns with sesame seeds
2 medium beets, peeled
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup ground flax seed
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup white beans, rinsed if using canned
1 tbsp low-sodium tamari
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely grate the beets using a food processor attachment or handheld grater. Set aside. Quickly clean out the processor, then re-attach with an S-blade attachment. Add the walnuts, oats, flax, garlic, all dry spices, and salt. Process until it becomes a slightly coarse flour.
- Add the shredded beets, beans, and tamari to the food processor and blend until combined.
- Scoop out the burger mix to form patties. Use a ½ cup measure to make 6 large patties. Use slightly damp hands to flatten and shape the burgers, then place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes, then flip the burgers and bake in the top rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Assemble the burger
- Cut the 6 black burger buns in half. Stack a layer of lettuce, beet patty, Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon Loin, and cucumber on top of the bottom half of each bun. Close with the top half and serve. Enjoy!