Smoked Salmon and Red Caviar Sushi Tacos
2 packs Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Traditional Salmon 4oz
8 oz red caviar
¼ cup of soy sauce
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tsp of chili oil
1 ½ tbsp of minced ginger
1 1/2 tsp of black sesame seeds
16 nori seaweed sheets, cut in a circle
10oz of wakame salad
For the sushi rice:
2 cups of sushi rice
2 cups of water
¼ cup to ½ cup of sushi vinegar, to taste
- Start by making the sushi rice. Rinse the sushi rice in a strainer under cold water until the water starts to come out clear.
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan over high heat with 2 cups of cold water. Once it comes to a boil, cover the pan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Then, remove it from the heat and let it sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sushi rice to a large bowl, add ¼ cup of sushi vinegar and mix. Add more sushi vinegar, to taste. Stir until all the sushi vinegar is absorbed. Let cool to room temperature.
- Start making the smoked salmon mix. Mix the Latitude 45 Smoked Salmon with half of the sesame oil, chili oil, minced ginger, and black sesame seeds. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Make the red caviar mix. Mix the red caviar with the remaining half of the sesame oil, chili oil, minced ginger, and black sesame seeds. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Place the nori seaweed sheets on a cutting board. Using a 9cm round mold, cut the sheets into a round shape. Repeat until you have 16 round nori sheets.
- Assemble the tacos: place one round nori sheet underneath the round mold. Add a thin layer of sushi rice, pressing with the back of a spoon so it sticks to the nori. Repeat for all 16 nori sheets. Add a bit of the wakame salad to each taco. Top 8 of the tacos with the smoked salmon mix, and 8 with the red caviar. Don’t overfill them.
- Serve immediately with a side of soy sauce and enjoy!