Cauliflower Puree with Smoked Salmon
1 pack Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon
1 head cauliflower
3-4 parsley leaves
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut the core in a cone-shaped section.
- Pull the florets from the head and cut them into about 1 ½ inch pieces.
- Place the florets in a steamer insert.
- Boil about 1 inch of water in a steamer pot, add the insert and cover.
- Cook for about 15 minutes. Stems should still have some texture when poked with a knife.
- Stir the cauliflower a few times while it’s steaming to ensure even cooking.
- Pour half of the cauliflower from the insert into a food processor.
- Take a 3/4 cup of the steaming liquid and put about 1/4 cup in the food processor; purée until smooth.
- Add the remaining half of cauliflower from the insert to the food processor with about 1/3 of the remaining liquid, and purée again.
- Stop periodically to scrape and stir the purée a few times; add more liquid as necessary but try to use as little as possible.
- While the processor is running, add the butter, salt, and pepper through the tube.
- Serve into bowls and top with 3-4 pieces of Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon.
- Garnish with the parsley leaves and enjoy!