Beet Dyed Deviled Eggs topped with Smoked Salmon
1 pack Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon Loin
6 large eggs
16oz can or jar pickled beets
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp whole peppercorns
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp curry powder
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped micro greens, for garnish
- Hard boil your eggs and remove the shells. Set aside.
- To prepare the brine, pour a can of pickled beets into a large bowl. Add the apple cider vinegar, sugar, peppercorns, and salt. Stir to combine. Place the peeled eggs into the brine. Cover and refrigerate for 12-16 hours. This will tint just the rim of the eggs.
- After 12-16 hours, remove the eggs from the brine. Cut each egg in half from top to bottom.
- Scoop out the yolks and place in a medium-sized bowl. Add the olive oil, mayonnaise, white vinegar, mustard, and curry powder. Mash with a fork until smooth. Add a bit of water to soften, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Scoop the filling into a resealable sandwich bag or piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Press the bag with your hands to push all the filling to one corner and press any air out of the top. If using a sandwich bag, snip off the corner with a pair of scissors.
- Pipe the filling into the hole of each egg white. Add enough so that the filling mounds a little over the top. Roll up a small piece of Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Salmon Loin and place on top of the filling. Repeat this process for the rest of the eggs.
- Garnish plate with micro greens and enjoy!