Smoked Salmon Matcha Crepes
3 Free Range Eggs
1-1/4 cups 2% milk
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour ( or all-purpose flour)
2 Tbsp matcha powder
3/4 Tsp salt
½ Tbsp butter, for the pan
4 oz Latitude 45 Cold Smoked Traditional Salmon
12 ounces fresh goat cheese
2 cups strawberries
2 cups arugula
- Combine the flour, salt, and matcha powder in a medium bowl and whisk together. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add the eggs and half of the milk into the well. Whisk until smooth, then whisk in the rest of the milk.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a crepe pan (or a non-stick skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Pour in about 1/3 cup of batter into the center of the pan, and immediately tilt and swirl the pan, allowing the batter to fill it out. Do this as quickly as possible. Cook the crepe for about 15-30 seconds (until the edges begin to pull away from the sides) then use a spatula to flip the crêpe and cook for another 15 seconds or so on the other side. Slide it off the pan and place it on a plate. Repeat until you have used up all of the batter, making sure to re-butter the pan, as needed.
- Cover the crepes while you make the whipped cream. Add the whipping cream and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat on high until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- To serve the crepes: fold 1-2 crepes into triangles or any shape of your choosing. Stuff with arugula, goat cheese, strawberries, and smoked salmon. Enjoy!