Rosewater Macarons With Smoked Salmon
6 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese (we use Philidelphia cream cheese)
2 – 3 sprigs of chopped fresh chives
1-2 sprigs of fresh dill chopped
12 plain macarons with no filling (we buy ours, but you can make them as well.) See recommended recipes below.
1 pack Latitude 45 smoked salmon
2 teaspoons of rosewater (we use https://amzn.to/2ocuR26 )
- To make the filling mix the cream cheese, chives, rosewater, and the fresh dill in a bowl.
- Lay the macaroons out, face up.
- Add a quarter size amount of the filling to half of the macaroon shells.
- Top with Latitude 45 smoked salmon slice.
- Top off with black sesame seeds.
- Some prefer to serve all the macaroons open faced, thus giving you 24 and some prefer the traditional macaron, giving you 12 servings. Make to preference.
- Serve and enjoy!
*if you want to make the macarons from scratch, this is a great recipe at XX blog: https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-macaron-recipe-435221 (do not make filling)