Apple Sage Mushroom Wild Rice with Smoke Roasted Salmon
prep time15 mins
cook time30 mins
total time45 mins
- 6 oz Latitude 45 Smoke Roasted Atlantic Salmon
- 2 cups whole-grain brown and wild rice mix
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 apple, diced
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Sage leaves (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil 4 cups of water. Stir in rice and reduce heat to simmer. Cover with top and let the grains cook for about 30 minutes or until fluffy. Stir to loosen rice.
- While rice is cooking, saute mushrooms, apples, and spinach in olive oil for about 10 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Using the same pan, heat up the salmon for 2 minutes and add apple cider vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, sauteed mix, salmon, salt, and pepper. Toss lightly until combined.
- Garnish with walnuts and sage. Serve and enjoy!